Friday, January 2, 2009

Check your cell phone bills!

This is a public service announcement, folks, because I am infuriated right now.

We have 3 lines on my cell phone account. The bill can be confusing to read (if I bother to take the time to do so). I noticed a charge on my bill two months ago from "M-Qube" and wondered what is was, but figured I bought something and didn't follow up on it. I noticed it again this month and Googled it. Turns out there's a class action law suit started against them for charging people for things they never bought. I checked my bills closer and saw that I've been getting charged this amount for the past four months. When I checked my cell phone carrier's site, I saw it was for signing up for "horoscopes". I never signed up for any such thing...not to mention that I never received any such thing on my phone. It is supposed to be credited to me and removed from future "subscriptions". We'll see....I just wanted to make y'all aware of this crap going on so it doesn't happen to you.

3 comments:

Baby John's Crib said...

Thanks for the public service announcement. I get emails that my bills have been charged to my credit card, and never get a hard copy. How often do I look at them? NEVER. I think I'll wander on over to Verizon right now..........

Mama Bear said...

This happened to us when we had the teen boys on our account. They signed up for something "free" online and I was getting charged 20.00 a month for it and had to go through tons of calls to get it OFF.

Laurie said...

Ridiculous. I am a cheap-o with just a tracfone that I never really use. But it's good to know. Hey, on another note, any birthday plans in the works for Kevin? Can you believe our babies are turning 2?!!!!!!