Thursday, May 14, 2009

I HAD to do it

About 2 weeks ago, like every other time in the past, I went to cut Kevin's hair. For some reason he went absolutely ape shit. Weeping and wailing, arms flying, head whipping. It was brutal. I was like, "WTF?!". I don't know why this is suddenly freaking him out, but DAMN. Anyway, I had already made some cuts and could not stop at that point. I was using scissors and was worried about hurting him, so I snipped fast and got out quick. In hindsight, it turned out so bad because of his flailing about that it really wouldn't have made that much of a difference in the outcome if I had stopped earlier. It turned out that bad. I let some time go by and cringed at how bad it was every time I had to take him out in public...which is often since he goes everywhere with me.
Today I took a clipper to it. At least I didn't have to worry about poking his damn eye out. He threw a fit again, but I really didn't care at this point. I love how short his hair is now....the top has that fuzzy feeling, but I don't like the way the front looks. His hairline grows around his face...KWIM? Because of this, the front looks all rounded and like a bowl cut. Not sure what to do about this....thinking of putting mousse or gel in it and trying it spiked up...
He's saying "cheese"....

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I think it's adorable and Katie has a complete fear of scissors and she's never been cut nails and etc. so can't figure out where it comes from?

He'd so be a handsome little man even with NO hair!

Kylie's Mommy said...

Cute as ever.
Dottie

Pug and I said...

Aww! He looks exactly like my cousin Andy used to when he was that age (and he looked pretty damn cute). But yeah, scissors + squirming kid = scary. :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe try buzzing it even shorter? That might help and it will be cool for the summer! Either way- he's a cutie!!

Krista

Baby John's Crib said...

Very cute! John was great getting his hair cut until he turned two, then he started having fits. I have had my stylist do it the whole time because I'm paranoid that I'll cut him. Lately, I've had to hold him on my lap to make it happen - that and continuously feed him a stream of hershey kisses that they stylist always has sitting there.

Blackjack Game said...

What turns out?