Monday, February 25, 2008

Ummmm...

Cough.

Oh, Hi there! I, ah, was so very busy being addicted to my new computer game of Texas Hold 'Em I've sorely neglected everything else. *Hanging head in shame*

Well, that's not precisely true. I've also been very busy being on the hunt for the Wii console. I have my priorities, y'all. I'm happy to report that I did score one on EBay and it should be coming any day now. It's to help me with my computer game addiction, after all.

I've also been doing a lot of figuring. About the house. About the space in the house. I'm now leaning towards buying a new house rather than adding a bedroom and bath onto this one. I'm scared. I need to do some things on this one to help it sell. Starting with the bathroom with it's circa 1950's pink tile on the walls from floor to ceiling. It's retro, but not intentional. Add to that the fact that the tiles have decided that they have had enough, thankyouverymuch, and are jumping off the walls. I swear I hear faint cries of "Geronimo!" every now and then. The floor is beat up now, too. So. I called my dad for advice. The man has a talent for a multitude of things and an eye for what to buy and/or sell. He buys and flips houses all the time and does the work himself. Somehow he just knows how to do it. He's never been educated in these things. Somehow he just knows. My sister inherited the same ability. I, sadly, not so much.

Anyway. He's going to come down and we're going to gut the bathroom and redo it. We're also going to pull the awful carpeting out of the laundry/dog's room and lay tile in there. After that I'll see what else he recommends to spruce the place up to try to sell it. I'm nervous. I've never had to sell a home to buy one and don't know how it works. This was our first home. Before this I had a mobile home which, believe it or not, I actually miss sometimes. When I bought it, it was brand new. New. Everything was fresh and it didn't come with the problems that a house built in the '20s come with. I'm thinking of buying a lot and buying a modular home, but have to look into it more. They are really nice looking and everything would be new. I've become tired of "quaint" and "cute" and kinda want modern this time.

Enough about that.

Kevin is doing great. He's got 4 teeth on the bottom and is working on his 6th on top right now. He's taking a couple of steps. Literally. Two at a time. It feels like he's going to get the nerve up to take off soon, but not just yet.

I have been neglectful with taking pics, too, but I'll leave you with the few that we've taken recently...
He finds it amusing to fill his mouth with milk and then simply let it flow back out. Makes me nuts:
And our other baby:

5 comments:

Travis Foulks said...

Hey there. Just stopped by and enjoyed your blog. Me and my wife fought hard to get out wii. It ended up getting some people ran over.LOL. Really though we spent about two hours and managed to get a hold of one. Glad the struggle went good for you!

Baby John's Crib said...

Hey, good luck with your house!

I so want a Wii, but John's not old enough for it, so I haven't been able to quite justify it yet.......Shortly after he came home, I gave up my DS lite thinking I didn't have time anymore......I should have waited, because now I miss it.

I had all the tile removed from the bathroom we gutted at our new house; I detest having to scrub grout. Now I have just drywall and a tub wall that can be cleaned in a matter of minutes with "scrubbing bubbles". Unfortunately, the other bathrooms are also chock-full-a-tile, so I'm stuck cleaning grout for a long time to come.

New is good.

Twiddles said...

Kevin is freakin' adorable, as always (and I betcha he gets a huge kick out of pissing you off. Children are just like that, little bastards :).... and Cassie's looking a bit miffed. But cute. All pugs are cute. :)
And good luck on the Wii - glad you were able to find one. My ex stood in line pretty much all night to get his the day the Wiis were officially released, but it was a good thing, because so far we've been unable to find another one for sale since. Good thing I don't want one - I'm one of those instant gratification gals, and I think I might explode if I had to wait that long to get a Wii. :)

Terry said...

Good luck with the bathroom and laundry room remodel. I'm one of those that actually loves that kind of stuff...basically completely gutted and redid our last house (40s cottage) and ended up having to sell because DH got transferred as soon as it was done. It helped the value A LOT, though. And good luck house hunting.

Kev is adorable, as always. How tall is he now? His legs look SO LONG, but it could be just me being used to my little munchkin.

Tam said...

Hi Terry-He was 30.5 inches at his last doctor's visit (75th percentile). When I look at him, it seems his body is long and his legs are shorter. He still fits in 6-9 months jeans (I think a lot of it has to do with how skinny he is-any bigger size just falls right off of him. I need to find a baby belt).