Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Let's just set the record straight, shall we?

This post is in response to my dear friend's (Rachel) comment in the last post...Yeah, you, Rach ;).

At the risk of having you all gasp and reel in horror (no pun intended), I do not like Halloween. Kevin is in that little hat/bib thing because my mom bought it for him. I'm not saying I won't do Halloween with him once he's old enough to express an opinion about wanting to go, I'm just sayin'. The mere fact that the words "trick or treat" are used irritate the hell out of me. It's extortion, plain and simple. Basically, the little rugrats are blackmailing you. Back when I used to actually give out candy (That's right...I stopped years ago), I told the kids they had to do something for a treat. Sing, dance, tell a joke, whatever. Turned that little "trick or treat" thing right around on the little suckers. HA! When I was a kid (way back when) we had to do something. Why shouldn't the kids nowadays have to? They just walk up to your door with their gleaming, sugar high, crazed eyes and hold their bag open. No more, I tell ya! THEY'RE NOT GETTING MY PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Uh huh...say what you want...you wanna go carve a pumpkin right now don't you...LOL :D

My kiddos are gonna be Peter Pan and "tinker-belt" (as Ian calls her) this year...Ian's idea, he still adores her ;)