OK, Lou tagged me and as she gave me the great idea of simply copying the rules straight from her blog because she copied from someone else's blog, so that's what I'm doing...
The rules are to link the person who sent this and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours~Post the rules on your blog~Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself~Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link their blog~Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. First off, I am tagging:
Hmmmm...I know I've seen this on some of your blogs already so if I've tagged you and you've already done it, just ignore me. I was going to check everyone's blog to see who's done it, but figured "Pffft".
Laurie Terry Tracy Donna PugMom Michelle Artsweet
Whoo! That was a lot of work already!
This was kinda tough because there's just so much to choose from and, really, how weird can things be if so many people have the same "weird" things? For instance, I totally agree with Lou's "feet" thing. I actually said those exact words last night. So not weird. It would be weird to me if y'all actually liked grownup feet. *shivers*
Here I go:
1) I'm almost always cold. I must have the warmest coat that I can buy in the winter and, in the summer, don't leave home without having a hoodie (or similar) within reach at all times. I am known far and wide for this.
2) I must always have a chapstick, or similar, with me at all times. I have one in a pocket of every coat I own and one in my fanny pack.
Which leads me to #3) I hate purses. I tried. I tried so hard to do the purse thing but find very few things in life more annoying than carrying a purse so my coats have tons of pockets. In the summer I wear a fanny pack. Oh I know you are snickering, but it is so convenient to have my hands free and, when you are as cool as I am, you can carry it off ;). So between my minivan and my fanny pack, you just know that I'm a confident woman. I have to be, don't I?
4) I carry very little cash on me, but, when I do, all the bills must be facing the same way and in order with the largest bills in back down to the smallest bills.
5) I must always have a pen on or near me. I have one in a pocket of every coat I own.
6) I'm obsessed with picking up change to put in a jug for our Disney trips. Roni and Katie cannot leave any laying around the house or I assume it's a donation to the cause since they know this fact about me.
7) I curse like a truck driver when talking to my friends (I bet you're surprised about that), but talk all mature and refined when it's appropriate. I change the way I talk depending on who I'm talking to. I do this unconsciously. If I'm talking to some rough and tumble people, I take on that persona. I pick up the southern accent very easily, etc. It works for me and helps me to form a bond with a whole variety of different people. In my workplace, it is a valuable unconscious skill (and, yes, I consider it a skill) because I supervise everyone in the building on the weekend ranging from the cooks, housekeepers, CNAs, nurses, etc., and they all like me (or so I think).