Wednesday, August 8, 2007

OK, Alrighty, here we go...

I just got an update from my agency. Kevin has been submitted for PINK and his 2nd DNA sample is being sent to the US for testing today! My agency director is guessing that, if all goes well, we'll have PINK the week of the 20th. Since I'm in one of the very first groups that this is being done on, there's no precedent to look at, so it's not a sure thing. If we do get PINK that week, I expect to travel the last week of August.

Now, do I gamble and tell work that I probably will start my LOA the weekend of the 25th/26th (if my appointment is early in the week, I'd probably be traveling that weekend) or do I wait until I actually get PINK? A quandary...

3 comments:

Barb said...

That's great news!!!! Kevin is coming home soon!

Can you give work the heads up that you will tentatively be starting your leave on that date, but still be a lil flexible if your appt is later or earlier than expected? That's what I did last time. We ended up going a week sooner than anticipated so it was a last minute scramble but it worked.

Andrea said...

CONGRATS!! I know it's hard with the 2nd DNA test, but Kevin will be home very, very soon!!

Auntie G said...

Super News!!
Are you starting to pack?
I agree with Barb. See if you can give your work a tentative date.
Gail