Saturday, September 1, 2007

My days are twice as long and my time is half as short

Y'all? You know how people say that you don't have time to get anything done during the day when you have young kids? Uh-huh. Those people weren't just whistling Dixie. All the moms out there are now smirking and nodding. Shuddup. And I only have the one little one. How in tarnation do you do it when you have a couple of young ones? And twins? Oy! I can't imagine. Don't get me wrong...Kevin is a joy (except when he's tired and fighting a nap..."joy" isn't the word I'd use at that moment), but my whole schedule has changed. I used to sleep until, oh, say 10AM and go to bed around 2AM. Now, I'm getting up at the ungodly hour of around 7:30, but I still can't seem to get to bed much before 1AM. I have several extra hours in the day and am getting less done than I was BK (before Kevin). And I'm loving it, but Man! I hope I can get a schedule worked out that is more conducive to be able to... mow the grass paint the edging around the ceiling fix the basement window...well, you know, do stuff that needs to be done that I'd normally do without any procrastination at all.

Gotta go...he's waking up from his nap. See what I mean about not having time to do stuff?

I'll leave you with some eye candy...

Meeting my brother (who he's named after):

Meeting "Pawpaw" (Mom's DH and avid hunter...note the hat).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I love the pics :D

I hope you guys settle into a schedule soon :D

Donna said...

I am SO in love with Kevin - he's completely adorable!!! And I know exactly what you mean, you notice my blog has not been updated!!! We've been home two months and I am just now almost, barely, in a small leetle way getting a schedule down. ;-) Cheers and CONGRATULATIONS on your homecoming!

Terry said...

I know what you mean, girl! When they say, "Every thing changes when you have a kid", they mean it. But don't you just LOVE being so tired with not enough time in the day
(for now anyway, the exhaustion will catch up with us soon). Nothing is better than this....and I type with little fingers grabbing at a lap top and somehow managing to suck on my knee because he's obsessed with my red pajama pants. LOVE IT!

And Kevin is such a cutie! So glad to see him HOME.

Anne said...

Welcome to the club! So glad you guys made it home, whata trip! Kevin is SO ADORABLE!!! Congrats!

Anne (Natalie's mama)

Ruthanne said...

Who cares if the dishes don't get done?? You've got 6 months of hugging to do!!
Congrats on being home. He's ADORABLE!!

Katie said...

LOL -- welcome to motherhood :) Kevin is soooooo cute !!