Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gosh, I'm touched

Tonight I went to a message board where some of my friends from the fertility board now hang out. I feel a little out of place, but I like to check in and see how everyone is doing. Lo and Behold, there was a post with my name in the title wanting to know how the adoption was going. I was blown away. The women on the fertility board that I was a member of while I was TTC meant so much to me. I was totally myself on the board and they accepted me and encouraged me and were there for me while my heart was breaking. I felt a loss when I left the board. The only person that I remained in contact with was Rachel. One day I got an email from Lisa, a friend from that board, to tell me about a new site where some of the women have migrated to. Naturally I joined. Even though I don't TTC, I occasionally post on the board that they are on. I didn't really think my absence would be noticed by anyone if I wasn't there much. I remember how all-consuming TTC was to me.

Thank-you, Janet, for thinking of me enough to start that thread. I can't tell you what it means to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It brought me to tears to read that, the TTC really, REALLY sucked didn't it?!?!

Michelle Smiles said...

I have a TTC board that I have visited for years now. The ladies there have been so supportive - it is amazing!