Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Surreal

It's been a few days now and it's still very surreal to me. My mind is having trouble grasping that Kevin will be home soon and we have nothing for him as far as the smallbutaddsupquickly day-to-day stuff. I did manage to buy the bigger ticket items while in PGN and I'm oh-so-glad I did, but there's not a single bottle, diaper, formula, baby food, etc. in the house. I left everything with the FM while on the visit trip. So shopping I must do. I'm still not at ease because I must wait for the weekend, when I get my scheduled update, to know the bmom signed off for the final time. I need to make a list. Lists are good. They make me feel better.

So....before my OUT call, I told several of my friends that I would text them with the word "OUT" and then they'd know that it was over. I was very clear and I spoke slowly when I told them I'd do this. What some of them heard was "wahwahwahwahwahwah" like the Charlie Brown teachers apparently. One girl text back "out where?" and another was "what?". Sigh.

I told my bosses to get me covered from the 25th of August on, but that it may be a week sooner. I can't give them an exact date until I actually get PINK and then they'll have very little notice. I'm feeling a little guilty because I have a feeling they're going to force people to cover my shifts because they really have no choice. You see, I work Saturdays and Sundays double shifts. This allows my fellow supervisors to work Monday-Friday with every weekend off. They're not going to like it that they're going to need to split it up some way. They've been very spoiled with our arrangement because it's unusual in nursing to not have to work any weekends. Now they may have to and they won't like it one little bit. Sigh.







No comments: