Friday, September 5, 2008

Mama knows best

Why do kids never, ever get that? From toddlerhood to teenville, they think we don't know WTH we're talking about.
So I tried to put Kevin down for a nap today when it was sooo obvious he was tired and needed one, but noooo. He don't need no stinkin' nap. So now I decided to take him to the park up the street because I knew I'd be in for a whiny afternoon and it would be a looong day at the homestead.

We were there all of ten minutes...

He started out happy enough...


but then the swinging motion did him in, me thinks....

Needless to say, he's napping now. I hate to say "I told you so"....naw, that's a lie, I love to say, "I told you so". It's one of my very favorite phrases, actually. One he'll get to hear many, many times for the rest of his life if he doesn't wise up and listen to his mama. I hope he learns quick for his own sake. Yeah, I know he's just a toddler, but experience with the Katie tells me that I sure hope he catches on fast! LOL!

2 comments:

Baby John's Crib said...

LOL, good luck getting him to listen. If you learn that trick, please be sure to write a book, it will be an instant best seller!

Melissa said...

Mama always knows best!