Monday, September 29, 2008

Exploration

I've finally decided to look into another job. The corporation that I work for has pushed me to the brink with their "We don't give a damn about our employees" ways. I've been gleaning information from several sources within the facility and comparing notes from what each person is saying and have come up with a scenario that may be paranoid, but I don't think so. Apparently, they are setting a situation up that puts the supervisors' licenses on the line and that is a bit scary. From what I understand, they are going to have the RN supervisor work a floor while supervising all 4 floors. This is not a safe practice in my opinion. The icing on the cake, and the thing that has expedited my desire to leave, is the sneaky way they are going about this transition. They have not asked for a meeting with me or the 3-11 Supervisor to explain what they have in mind and this transition is supposed to take place after this weekend. I have to hear this stuff through the grapevine. I have also heard of a master plan to do away with the 16 hour weekend program. The plan I heard is quite detailed and it involves me moving to the 4 day weekend program, which consists of Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The kicker is that they expect me to do the 3-11 shift. I can't, and won't, do 4 days 3-11. I'd rather do a 10 day 7-3 shift with every other weekend off if they do get rid of the 16 hour program. Working an 8 day schedule and losing every single weekend is not worth it to me. Doing the 16 hour shifts and having 5 days off every week was worth giving up every weekend, but having off only 1 extra day with the 4 day program, is not. They have proven time and time again that they are sneaky bastards and cannot be trusted. I'm sick of wondering what is going to befall us next so, for the first time in 13 years, I have made a phone call to explore a position somewhere else.

We'll see how it all turns out...

This whole thing has me a nervous wreck and I've been covered in hives since I made the phone call last night. At least I hope it's hives.

4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Good luck.................
Rhonda
http://fourchildrenrus.blogspot.com

Kylie's Mommy said...

Good luck Tami...
I'm sure you would be happier someplace new.....

Terry said...

Good luck! Down here, we are in such need for nurses that you can pretty much work wherever and how you want. I hope you find something great quickly and can get out of there before things get even worse.

Baby John's Crib said...

Good luck - change is scary, but often times happens for a reason, and that reason is positive, even though we don't realize it at the time. Your family is in my prayers.